Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentines Day...

Today is Valentines Day, so 
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...to me!!! Well, no-one else will say it to me.
Do ya know what I went early to the shops this morning and saw at least 4 men choosing and buying roses and chocolates for someone special in their lives and I thought, isn't that sweet and wondered how their partners will react when they receive them. 
It is nice to see men being lovely and thoughtful in that way towards the one they love.
Every year I have hoped to get some flowers or a card even, just so I know I am being thought of.
One year I bought a Valentine Card for my husband but, he said its all a load of rubbish Valentines day so, I didn't bother after that. That was in the early 70's.
That felt like rejection and sort of turned my thoughts and feeling of love upside down. I got it in my head that I wasn't loved or wanted and sort of kept my thoughts and feelings to myself over the years and now I sort of come across as cold hearted...so I've been told. But, that is only not to feel hurt in all sorts of situations, I have been hurt to many times prior to being married and many times since in many other situations.
I sometimes wonder why there is no love in my life towards me and me towards my husband. How did this come about!? I don't know! How, when or why this started is a mystery to me because at one time we were all loved up and now, nothing!
I'm not feeling sorry for myself and don't want anyone else to think it either. I'm just expressing my thoughts and feelings at this moment in time.

So, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to me AND, everyone else. I feel today is going to be a good day all round.


1 comment:

Kath said...

Hello Sara ,Thank you for the invite.Sorry my comment is late.I think for those who believe in Valentines Day,is very hurtful, when one doesn't receive at least a notelet, or a little card to say they love you.I suppose like many traditional things,they seem to be dying out.I do not think the next generation will give it a thought.I only got text messages this year,but at least they thought about me the ones who sent those.I am doing a little better now,but I do not want to rush things by doing alsorts .I hope you are much better and ? too.Anyway I will send you,a Belated ....... I LOVE YOU .....for Valentines Day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Time...Tic Toc

This is me, roughly in my 40s.  It's funny how the years make ya look ya know, from young to old age...Tic-Toc! Tic-Toc! Tim...