Thursday 25 August 2016

MY MEMORY LOSS and HOW IT AFFECTS ME...

 MY MEMORY LOSS and HOW IT AFFECTS ME!

I have lost a whole day due to memory loss, now known to me as 'Arnold Chiari Malformation'
I remember hubby coming in the bedroom that morning before he went out, he was shouting at me to get up (not knowing who this man was at the time) Anyway, it was in the 1980's and the kids had gone to school, hubby went out. He had an appointment at 9.am that morning.
I remember not knowing who I was or where I was, this lasted a whole day. I stayed sitting on my bed feeling lost or vacant, trying to think!
I wandered to the landing, I didn't attempt to go down stairs as I felt too dizzy, I was all over the place. I went to the bathroom though, so I must have known what the bathroom was for!? then I staggered back to my bedroom to sit on the side of my bed I was trying to think, or remember things, but no there was nothing! Just muddled, confusion...emptiness!
The day had passed, it was around late afternoon time and I was starting to come to my senses. Hubby came home and, kids home from school around 4.30pm-ish to 5.pm! And, hubby was shouting at me again for doing nothing all day and said, I was lazy and, why hasn't the house been cleaned or dinner ready.
I still felt lost in myself and feeling very tired/fatigued. I just got on with getting the dinner on. I didn't tell hubby or anyone what had happened to me that day, because I really couldn't remember and felt stupid about it all.
I have had this happen several times since but, not so long maybe, a few minutes to about half hour. At first I thought I had Alzheimers<<spelling> or Dementia until I was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation. I had even joined a group here on FB called 'The Memory People' thinking I might have Alz or Dementia. I had never heard of Chiari until I was diagnosed back in 2006. I do get flashes of memory loss of about 3 seconds every day. My grandson says I've got a memory of a fish...lol. It feels so lonely at times...



No comments:

Time...Tic Toc

This is me, roughly in my 40s.  It's funny how the years make ya look ya know, from young to old age...Tic-Toc! Tic-Toc! Tim...