Wednesday 12 November 2014

Chest Infection, C.O.P.D.

I haven't been feeling too well for sometime now. I has been having bouts of coughing here and there and breathlessness on exertion and my breathing has been laboured a lot too and, when sitting still, also having bad indigestion too which is another sign...I had not been watching out for any signs and just kept on with my daily routines. I suppose unwittingly chose to ignore my health issues until I had no choice. I have had my mind on other things lately and forgot about myself and my own needs. 
Night time I sit propped up with pillows because I  have difficulty breathing if I slip down the bed or am leaning back a bit, I have to be sitting up right to feel more comfortable with my breathing. So, I went to see my GP yesterday. 

It seems that I have a chest infection and the GP put me on antibiotics and steroids. Why I didn't go to see him sooner, I don't know?!
My peek-flow was 340 which is good for me where my Asthma is concerned so, this makes me think it is C.O.P.D. that is causing my problem. If it was Asthma that was causing my breathlessness my peek-flow would be around 250 - 300 or even less than 250.

I was surprised that I slept quite well last night really, considering the steroids usually keep me from sleeping. I usually have insomnia when on steroids.
I had rested a lot yesterday afternoon and had an early night too. I went to bed around 8 pm so I could rest better in bed and watched TV. It was quite late before I settled down for the night around 12.30 am.

I am trying so hard to watch what I eat because of the steroids as they put on weight and I've had bad experiences of that over past years. But, in later years, I have always cut down on foods especially all goodies and stuck to basic foods in small portions. 
I think to myself sometimes, why can't I do that when I'm well, like cutting things down and leaving all the goodies alone when trying to diet...I baffle myself at times. 

Today it is raining cold and very damp. I will have to keep myself wrapped up more now. This morning I had trouble getting dressed because it made me so breathless. Once my breathing had settled down and had washed ect...I tried a few light exercises this morning around 6.15 am. It was difficult but I tried anyway plus my breathing exercises too. 

I'm going to try harder to get my diet and light exercises back on track especially with these steroids. I won't over do it while I'm ill, but I must try harder where my diet is concerned right now.

Got to go, things to do.

No comments:

Time...Tic Toc

This is me, roughly in my 40s.  It's funny how the years make ya look ya know, from young to old age...Tic-Toc! Tic-...