Monday 7 August 2017

Shocked Horror and No Empathy...


Yesterday Sunday, I made myself busy and cleaned out my fridge freezer with a lot of help from my grandson Steven, he done the harder stuff. I'm glad that its all done now, it was driving me nuts as it was so over froze that it was staring to melt.

I got all Zoe's things packed in bags with help again from Steven. 
As I went into the lounge, Zoe knocked at the door and when I opened it she gave me such a look. If looks could kill I would be dead. 
Anyway, she only took a couple of bits and left the rest here and left without saying a word. I didn't know she had gone until I heard the door shut behind her.
The reason Zoe is going is that about 2 weeks back I asked her to get up, this was about 1:pm. I had asked her to get up a few times earlier in the morning to help me do a couple of things around the house that I couldn't manage. Anyway, the last time I asked her to get up she was very abusive to me and shouted at me to go away and leave her alone. And in a ruling way she said, she can lay in bed when ever she wants and she is 18 now and can do what she wants, when she wants and I can't tell her what to do and she don't have to do anything. I said, I want to do all that too but I've got responsibilities and Zoe shouted at me and told me to F...off and I can do what I want and she is 18 and can do what she wants. I said, don't you effing shout at me or tell me what to do, this not a doss house.
I really don't know what is wrong with Zoe after all the help we have given her and her mum helped her too.

When Zoe first came here early hours Good Friday 14th April 2017 she was in a terrible state and homeless. She had been sleeping rough in a park for a couple of nights. 
I was so glad to see her as I was so worried about her since she left home as she had been out of the family fold for over 1 year and living rough with her boyfriend and his family, rough people.
Anyway, We, ? and I noticed Zoe kept scratching her head. I said I wanted to look in her hair and she refused several times, she kept scratching and I kept asking to look in her hair and she still refused over several days. I phoned her mum to come and look in Zoes hair. 
Sheila, Zoes mum took her back home with her and looked in her hair. Sheila phoned to to say she had been sick when she saw what she had found in Zoes hair. 
Zoe was alive with lice. It was so bad her hair was matted and Sheila had no choice but to cut all her long blond hair off and treated her hair with with treatment for lice. 
Sheila said she felt so ill as it was as bad is it could be. Sheila worked on her hair several times during the day and her own hair too and sprayed her home and her car. Sheila kept Zoe at her house for a few days.
I thought OMG!! I was shocked and horrified like a woman possessed. 
As soon as I knew about the lice I bought a large can of lice spray for my home and a large bottle of treatment for lice for all our hair. 
It took 2 weeks to be free of the lice. I even spayed and treated our hair well after the time limit given to be rid of the lice. I've sprayed our beds and home several times too as I was so paranoid at the time.
We threw out a lot of Zoes clothes and her case as they were in them too. It was as bad as can be...and I have never seen anything like it in my life before and hope to never see again.

I have been so paranoid about this lice business that I've been looking everywhere, everyday and if I have an itch I've got the comb and looked even in the middle of the night. Of course all has gone, but I've still asked Zoe how is your hair and she's replied, its ok Nan. I said don't do any selfies with your phone or with anyone else as lice or flees can be transmitted that way. She said ok. I've looked in her room and bed when shes not been here, only to see if there was any signs of the lice. 
I'm so worried about it. I'm always on my guard and looking for those horrible ghastly blighters.

Steven and hubby cleaned and sprayed Zoes room the other day.
I can't believe Zoe is conducting her life the way she is doing as she was never brought up like it, she was brought up to be clean and tidy live like a pig.
I do love Zoe, but I'm slowly beginning to dislike her purely because of the way she is treating me here expecting me to keep her and her not doing anything for me in return. I've been telling her she has to sign on or get a job and she says she don't have to do anything and I've got to keep her. 
I will always love her and I hope one day she will come to see what she is doing to others around her and especially herself. Sometimes she has said something, to me, it seems to me that she has no empathy, she seems so distant, no thought or feeling. I've seen it in her for a long time, but she has said she is alright. Zoe is not the same Zoe we all know and love which is very sad...I miss the Zoe I that I love.
                                                                 

No comments:

Time...Tic Toc

This is me, roughly in my 40s.  It's funny how the years make ya look ya know, from young to old age...Tic-Toc! Tic-Toc! Tim...